Re: freebsdmall.com prices

看板FB_chat作者時間17年前 (2007/09/06 09:01), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串16/19 (看更多)
deeptech71@gmail.com wrote: > Darren Pilgrim wrote: >> I have multiple subscriptions, one going all the way back to 3.2 >> and most since mid-4.x. >> >> Actually shipping is $4.95 on top of the purchase cost, IIRC. But >> then, you do get pressed CDs instead of sticker-labeled CDR crap >> like certain other software shippers. And stickers! Don't forget >> the stickers! I got bored one day and cut out and stuck little >> beastie heads on the penguin logos on my friend's business's server >> farm. Had I not bought all those FreeBSD CD sets over the years, >> I'd have run short on beastie heads and my dastardly plan would >> have been foiled! > > You mean they even charge $5 on top of that 40? I don't see the > reason why you require such high quality media and the included > little prizes. Care to buy a 1000 sticker pack instead? It's not like > my own CDR is going to turn on me. They're durable enough. I have subscriptions. Each CD set is $29.90 shipped. I consider it worthwhile because I don't have to worry about heat and light exposure with pressed CDs, so I can stuff the disc set on a shelf in a server room or keep a set in my toolkit which tends to stay in my car. CDRs would be toast if left in a hot car or even on top of a warm server. -- Darren Pilgrim _______________________________________________ freebsd-chat@freebsd.org mailing list http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-chat To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-chat-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"
文章代碼(AID): #16tr6500 (FB_chat)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #16tr6500 (FB_chat)