[情報] Fan Letter

看板Federer作者 (Harry Connick,Jr)時間18年前 (2006/02/14 23:15), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
節錄 I tried to practice on the center court, Rod Laver Arena, as much as possible before the beginning of the Australian Open. You have a lot of time to think about the first big event of the year during the long period of preparation, so it’s always rather a relief when the tournament finally starts. The intensity was not too high in the beginning, but constantly rose from round to round. Reaching the final was great – but I had gone to Australia for even more. I wanted to win my second title there. My opponent would be the surprise of the tournament, Marcos Baghdatis. It turned out to be a tough battle, but I noticed that the former rounds had cost Marcos a lot of energy and he was now running low. But I must add that it is not easy to stay focused when you can feel that the other player is not at his best. I felt a tremendous weight falling off my shoulders after the match-ball. At first it was just a feeling of relief, I only slowly began to realise what I had achieved. It was a most emotional moment when Rod Laver handed me the trophy. He is an absolute tennis-legend and it had been a great honour for me to get to know him a few days before. - I had won it and here I was, amongst all of these great people and the fans – I did not know what to say and tears just started streaming down my cheeks. I felt incredibly happy and most proud to have won my second title at the Australian Open. To all you fans out there: I would like to thank you with all my heart for your support. You guys are incredible! The “Roger Slam” My next goal is to prepare well for the French Open during the weeks lying ahead. I certainly want to play my best tennis during the next tournaments, which will be a good test for the second Grand Slam of this year. The title in Paris would be the fulfilment of an enormous dream: the “Roger Slam”, winning all four Grand Slams in series. Davis Cup and Rotterdam I have cancelled my participation in the first round of the Davis Cup 2006, held this past weekend in Geneva. The Swiss Team showed a solid performance in Geneva and I am sure that there are many successful moments still to come. The 2-3 result against Australia certainly deserves my full respect. My triumph at the Australian Open, as well as the successful start this year has cost me a lot of energy. Many challenges lie ahead this season and I feel the need to plan everything carefully and listen to my body. I will use the time to prepare for the upcoming Masters-Series tournaments as well as the French Open. I have also withdrawn from the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam (20.–26, February 2006) for these reasons. I am looking forward to the next challenges and hopefully I can bring you pleasure with a lot more good tennis. Take care, bis bald, a bientot Yours sincerely, Roger -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.34.243.149

02/15 02:22, , 1F
Go, for the "Roger Slam"!
02/15 02:22, 1F

02/17 22:54, , 2F
帥呆了
02/17 22:54, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #13yVGEjx (Federer)