[情報] Writing skills for GRE/GMAT + Argume …

看板GMAT作者 (字神帝國小幫手)時間13年前 (2011/05/23 13:14), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
字神康老師的寫作分享及模板提供給大家參考! 希望能幫助大家早日殺G成功! 有時候逛大陸幾個網站,都會提到北美範文, 但光看北美範文的感覺,有時總是像霧裡看花一樣,不明其究。 在amazon逛了逛相關的評價,發現riting skills for the gre/gmat的評價挺不錯的, 就索性買了這本書來看,一看之後驚嘆不已! 簡單的說,這本書其實才是心法,北美選文只是招式而已啊! 如果有人已經買過北美範文的話,真心推薦一定要看看這本書。 特別是Part 2的Issue部分,說明、佈局、練習都在其中。 不過這本書的43頁,有個字拼錯了。ncokg,應該是reckon才對。 Just one tiny mistake. Argument 模板分享 (網誌板) http://ppt.cc/Es4; 開頭段: Careful scrutiny of the editorial reveals numerous potential problems with it-problems that render its auther's position untenable. The speakers's argument suffers from several reasoning flaws,which together render the argument unconvincing. For several reasons,this claim is dubious at best. Unfortunately,these facts accomplish little toward refuting the assertion that... Thus,I find the argument wholly unpersuasive. This argument relies on several crucial but unsubstantiated assumptions and is therefore unconvincing as it stands. Unfortunately,the argument is depend on a series of poorly supported inferences and therefore is specious at best. I find this assertion dubious for several reasons. The argument suffers from several reasoning flaws and is therefore unconvincing as it stands. This argument relies on a number of questionable assumptions and is therefore unpersuasive. This argument suffers from several reasoning flaws, which together render the editorial wholly unconvincing. 第一宗罪:無因果聯系 The editorial implies that...however,the editorial provides no evidence to support this implication. This argument depents on a series of four cause-and-effect relationships,none of which the author has established. The author must establish a clear cause-and-effect relationship between...and... It is unfair to infer that the former is attributable solely to the latter. Here the director might very well confuse cause and effect with mere correlation. 第二宗罪 Insufficient-sample The statistics from only a few recent years are not necessarily a good indicator of future trends/hardly suffice to prove a clear trend. Yet the mere fact that..does not necessarily mean that... Thus,before I accept the editorial's conclusion,the author must show that...is representative of... 第三宗罪: 錯誤類比 (based on a false analogy ) With respects to the first of the two facts, the author attempts here to draw what might amount to a false analogy between...and... The authors analogy to ... is dubious at best. 第四宗罪 all things are equal This argument suffers from a classic reasoning flaws:what is true for one member of a group is also true for that group as a whole. 第五宗罪 Either-Or choice In short,unless the editorial's auther explores and eliminates other options,I remain unconvinced that... 第六宗罪 pool/report/survey is doubtful A final problem with the editorial involves the possibility of additional results from the survey-results that the editorial neclects to mention. If the results turn out to be unreliable as aresult, then any conclusion based on those results must be deemed unreliable as well. The memo provides no evidence that the reports are reliable. 第七宗罪 gratuitous assumption The speaker neglects to consider and rule out other explainations-for instance,...Without eliminating other possible reasons for ...,the speaker cannot convice me that... Besides, the author ignores the possibility that... While this might be the case,the author must provide clear evidence to substantiat this assumption. Yet it is entirely possible that... The argument relies on the assumpution that ... 讓步 Admitting for the sake of argument that... Even if the author can prove that... Even assuming that... 作者這樣不對說服不了我。。。 Otherwise,I cannot accept the author's inference that... Accordingly,the author's contention that...is questionable at best. Otherwise,I remain skeptical of the author's final conclution that... Until the author supplies this sort of evidence,he cannot convince me that... If this is the case, the author's implicit it claim that ... would be very weak indeed. The author must first convince me that ... ,not until then could I begin to consider the recommendation. Therefore,I remain unconvinced that... However, with no solid evidence to support this reasoning, the claim amounts to little more than pure conjecture. 結尾措施 To fully assess the ultimate claim, I would need reliable detailed... should it follow the chair's recommendation. To bolster it, the author might conductor a scientific survey of... In order to properly evaluate it, ar a minimun,I would want to know...,and I would want to survey ... about... The author must also show that the survey results are reliabl and that they accurately reflect... In order to convince me that ..., the author must at least ... To fully persuade me, the author must also explain why... To obtain this sort of proof, I would need to survey... 簡單模板分享給大家:) By 字神帝國小助教 -- 更多GMAT資源 http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/trenton-kang/archive?l=f&id=23 -- -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 124.11.18.89 ※ 編輯: antibc 來自: 124.11.18.89 (05/23 13:16)

05/23 14:28, , 1F
thx~
05/23 14:28, 1F

05/24 22:11, , 2F
謝謝分享~!!
05/24 22:11, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #1DsUr0z9 (GMAT)