[試題] 99上 古佳艷 西洋文學概論一 第一次期中考

看板NTU-Exam作者 (Self Exile)時間13年前 (2010/12/07 00:20), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
課程名稱:西洋文學概論一 課程性質︰必修 課程教師︰古佳艷 開課學院:文學院 開課系所︰外文系 考試日期(年月日)︰2010/10/28 考試時限(分鐘):50分鐘(9:10~10:00) 是否需發放獎勵金:是 I. Identification (40%) 1. Identify the speaker of these words. _______________ Now let's think about supper. Even Niobe remembered to eat Although her twelve children were dead in her house, Six daughters and six sturdy sons. 2. Identify the speaker of these words. _______________ ... You bear such a burden For my wanton ways and Paris' witlessness. Zeus has placed this evil fate on us so that In time to come poets will sing of us. 3. Who says this prayer? _______________ Zeus and all gods: grant that this my son Become, as I am, foremost among Trojans, Brave and strong, and ruling Ilion with might. And may men say he is far better than his father When he returns from war, bearing bloody spoils, Having killed his man. And may his mother rejoice. 4. Identify the speaker of these words. _______________ Sons of Atreus and Greek heroes all, May the gods on Olympus grant you plunder Of Priam's city and a safe return home. But give me my daughter back and accept This ransom out of respect for Zeus' son, Lord Apollo, who deals death from afar. 5. What is this passage about? _______________ Picture a horse that has fed on barley in his stall Breaking his halter and galloping across the plain, Making for his accustomed swim in the river, A glorious animal, head held high, mane streaming Like wind on his shoulders. Sure of his splendor He prances by the horse-runs and the mares in pasture. 6. Identify the speaker of these words. _______________ Father Zeus, who rules from Ida, Most glorious, most great, Send me to Achilles welcome and pitied. And send me an omen, that swiftest of birds That is your messenger, the king of birds, To appear on the right before my own eyes, That I may trust it as I go to the ships. 7. Identify the speaker of these words. _______________ I tried to dissuade you, but you gave in To your pride and dishonored a great man Whom the immortals esteem. You take his prize And keep it still. But it is not too late. Even now We must think of how to win him back With appeasing gifts and soothing words. 8. What is this passage about? _______________ Around His mighty shoulders Athena threw Her tasseled aegis, and ths shining goddess Haloed his head with a golden cloud That shot flames from its incandescent glow. 9. Identify the speaker of these words. _______________ When a young man is killed in war, Even thought his body is slashed with bronze, He lies there beautiful in death, noble. But when the dogs maraud and old man's head, Griming his white hair and beard and private parts, There's no human fate more pitiable. 10.What is this passage about? _______________ She found him at his bellows, glazed with sweat As he hurried to complete his latest project, Twenty cauldrons on tripods to line his hall, With golden wheels at the base of each tripod So they could move by themselves at the gods' parties And return to his house -- a wonder to see. II. Definition: Answer any THREE of the following. Explain the meaning of the term briefly. (30%) 1. ekphrasis (in latin character) 2. Meleager 3. in medias res (in latin character) 4. the Amazons 5. Phoenix III. Passage analysis: Answer any THREE of the following. Write a paragraph of 100 words to analyze or interpret each. (30%) 1. "Great son of Tydeus, why ask about my lineage? Human generations are like leaves in their seasons. The wind blows them to the ground, but the tree Sprouts new ones when spring comes again. Men too. Their generations come and go. (ll.148-152, Book 6, Iliad) 2. "Yes, for Prayers are daughters of great Zeus. Lame and wrinkled and with eyes averted, They are careful to follow in Folly's footsteps, But Flooy is strong and fleet, and outruns them all, Beating them everywhere and plaguing humans, Who are cured by the Prayers when they come behind. Revere the daughters of Zeus when they come, And they will bless you and hear your cry. Reject them and refuse them stubbornly, And they will ask Zeus, Cronus' son, to have Folly plague you, so you will pay in pain" (ll. 517-527, Book 9, Iliad) 3. Sarpedon's body was indistinguishable From the blood and grime and splintered spears That littered his body from the head to foot. But if you have ever seen how flies Cluster about the brimming milk pails On a diary farm in early summer, You will have some idea of the throng Around Sarpedon's corpse (ll.670-677, Book 16, Iliad) 4. "But why am I talking to myself like this? I can't go out there unarmed. Achilles Will cut me down in cold blood if I take off My armor and go out to meet him Naked like a woman. This is no time For talking, the way a boy and a girl Whisper to each other from oak tree or rock, A boy and a girl with all their sweet talk" (ll. 138-145, Book 22, Iliad) 5. . . . He stood Close to Achilles, and touching his knees, He kissed the dread and murdurous hands That had killed so many of his sons. Passion sometimes blinds a man so completely That he kills one of his own countrymen. In exile, he comes into a wealthy house, And everyone stares at him with wonder. So Achilles stared in wonder at Priam Was he a god? (ll. 507-516, Book 24, Iliad) --end-- -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 114.36.40.19 ※ 編輯: yyd 來自: 114.36.40.19 (12/07 00:32) ※ TBdrays:轉錄至看板 NTU10DFLL 04/19 17:01
文章代碼(AID): #1C_Gqs56 (NTU-Exam)