[TimesPicayune] Hornets' Davis may request trade

看板Pelicans作者 (angelica)時間20年前 (2004/09/08 06:18), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/10941928335480.xml Hornets' Davis may request trade Guard not pleased with team's moves Friday, September 03, 2004 By John Reid Staff writer Faced with the possibility that the Hornets could struggle to be a playoff contender in the Western Conference, point guard Baron Davis' agent Todd Ramasar said he has advised his client to explore his options. One of those options could be a trade request, according to Ramasar. But Ramasar said Thursday night by telephone that Davis, a two-time All-Star, has not made that demand yet. "It's tough for me to comment, but I trust my agent," Davis said in a statement released by his publicist. "He has my interest at heart. And I'm prepared for anything at this point. Bottom line, I love the city of New Orleans and the community. I'm just focused to play well in the NBA and I'm getting ready for the season." "Baron is not demanding a trade, but what he's looking for is needing more veteran leadership and having someone who is going to help him on the offensive end, especially next season," Ramasar said. "It's just a lot of burden to put on a point guard to be so productive." Hornets general manager Allan Bristow said he has not spoken to Ramasar this week but they talked last week. At that time, Bristow said Ramasar had expressed disappointment with the direction the team has taken. Bristow said he is hopeful that communication will remain open between the team and Davis. But no meeting has been set. "I feel disappointed because Baron is our franchise player and we feel we've got the best coaching staff available and we have some young talent," Bristow said. Ramasar said Davis wasn't pleased by what the Hornets did in free agency. They signed free agents Rodney Rogers and Chris Andersen, but were unsuccessful on attempts to land proven shooting guards Morris Peterson and Stephen Jackson. Peterson signed a three-year, $15 million offer sheet with the Hornets but the Toronto Raptors matched it. The Hornets offered a six-year deal, worth about $36 million, to Jackson, but he re-signed with the Atlanta Hawks and then was traded to the Indiana Pacers. With training camp set to begin next month, the Hornets have not made any major trades. But after the Hornets lost to the Miami Heat in the first round of the playoffs, Hornets owner George Shinn made it a priority to improve the team. Shinn fired Coach Tim Floyd after one season and hired Byron Scott, who had led the Nets to two consecutive berths in the NBA Finals in 2002 and 2003. The Hornets drafted high school player J.R. Smith in the first round. Smith played well in the summer league play at Long Beach, Calif. Yet, a new policy implemented by the team this week could have angered Davis. The Hornets will no longer allow players to have their own personal trainers. Davis and center Jamaal Magloire were the only two players to have their own personal trainers last season. "We want a professional environment," Bristow said. "We just want control of our players for the three hours they are here practicing." Meanwhile, Davis appeared to be pleased with the direction the team was taking after Scott was hired. He attended several team functions and at a media party to introduce Scott. Davis said he was happy to be playing for a coach that he truly respects. "I suggested that it may be in Byron's best interest to move on with his career," Ramasar said. "It's nothing against the city of New Orleans or nothing against the organization, it's just what is in Baron's best interest." Davis averaged a career-high 22.9 points per game last season and was an All-Star selection. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.166.84.82

218.187.114.119 09/20, , 1F
外行人...別PO文...
218.187.114.119 09/20, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #11FZElP4 (Pelicans)