Roddick and Blake to Meet in Night Blockbuster

看板US_Army作者 (快樂靠自己)時間21年前 (2003/08/14 10:39), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 Tennis 看板] 作者: shirleypu (快樂靠自己) 看板: Tennis 標題: Roddick and Blake to Meet in Night Blockbuster 時間: Thu Aug 14 10:38:59 2003 http://cincinnati.masters-series.com/1009/news/news2338_rx.asp Roddick & Blake Set For Blockbuster Andy Roddick will become the new ATP Champions Race leader if he wins back-to-back Tennis Masters Series titles in Cincinnati. Roddick, will surpass Race leader Roger Federer and second placed Juan Carlos Ferrero if he goes all the way to the title. Roddick is 16-1 on the US hard court season and is in the hottest form of his life. On Wednesday he plays countryman James Blake for a place in the quarterfinals. Sixth seed Guillermo Coria – who is the other player who could usurp the Race lead if he wins the title – is the only other seeded player remaining in the top half of the draw. Roddick holds a 6-0 career advantage over Blake. On Tuesday Roddick again dropped just five games in dismissing Ivan Ljubicic 6-1, 6-4. Blake enjoyed a similar score line in his impressive defeat of 2002 US Open semifinalist Sjeng Schalken. Blake said: "I felt great. Started out really well. I knew he was a solid player that makes you beat him. Similar to a match up I had last week with Jiri Novak, a guy that just plays real solid, makes a lot of first serves, makes a lot of returns, and makes you beat him. "This time, I just tried to capitalize on the mistakes I made last week and make sure to be as steady as I could be and then when I get my chances, try to use the weapons I have. "Andy’s probably playing the best out of all the guys right now, but he's still beatable, still human. You know, his serve can go off - I hope - because it's almost impossible to return when he's serving well. But I’ve got to take my chances on that. When I get second chances, try to go after him, make him play, and then really concentrate hard. "I think the biggest thing about his serve being so big is it makes your service games so important. You've got to hold those. And I’ve got to really focus on those and make sure I can hold and try to attack him, similar to the way I did with Schalken today - get into net the right amount of times, so it's not too much where he gets comfortable and it's not so he gets comfortable just pushing and staying back and waiting until he gets his chance. Because he's got just as big a forehand and can attack me the same. Roddick said: "We've had some very close matches before, a couple three- setters. I think he's improving all the time, so every match is a new match. The six times that I've beaten him are kind of maybe thrown out the window. I mean, it's a new match. "My serve felt good today. Actually, last week it was a bit spotty at times. I remember, I think between Indy and Washington I had it going pretty well. I think I held like 54 straight games. Last week I don't know if I went through a match - maybe I went through one match - without getting broken. But I think I can improve on it." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 218.167.196.182 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 218.167.196.182
文章代碼(AID): #_ElPqA- (US_Army)