[爆料] Jazz Notes: Williams recovering from groin injury

看板UTAH-JAZZ作者 (隱者)時間17年前 (2007/03/01 18:30), 編輯推噓1(101)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
消息來源:http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_5328796 Jazz Notes: Williams recovering from groin injury By Phil Miller The Salt Lake Tribune Article Last Updated: 03/01/2007 03:04:18 AM MST EMPHIS, Tenn. - To Andrei Kirilenko, it's no coincidence the Jazz went 0-2 when Deron Williams sat out last week. "Fish [Derek Fisher] did good job for him, but any team is better with usual guys out there," Kirilenko said. "Everyone is more comfortable." Williams hasn't been comfortable since he pulled a muscle in his groin during the Rookie-Sophomore Challenge in Las Vegas two weeks ago. But with the help of rest, ice and even lasers, the second-year guard is healthy enough to play again. "It's still a little sore, but it's a lot better," Williams said. "It's going away, and if I warm up good, I'm fine." Williams has has undergone extensive treatment since the soreness recurred last weekend, including the application of a device that uses laser light to inhibit inflammation. "I don't know what it does, but I'm doing anything I can" to play, Williams joked. He probably won't practice at full intensity for a few more days, but the league's second-leading assist man believes the injury shouldn't cost him any more games. "I just have to be careful not to try to do too much," Williams said. "It's a little less sore every day now." First time for everything As if learning a new team and its offense isn't enough of a challenge, former Jazz forward Scott Padgett is making another big adjustment after being traded to Memphis a few weeks ago. The Grizzlies lose more than they win. "This is something totally new to me. I've never played on a team below .500 in my life," said Padgett, who enjoyed four winning seasons in Utah after being drafted by the Jazz in 1999. "But it's something you can learn from. You see who the guys are who are going to battle through it and keep trying to work." Padgett, who was receiving little playing time in Houston, was traded for Jake Tsakalidis in mid-February. He has appeared only once for the Grizzlies, but is optimistic. "I got in the game before I had learned a play," he said with a laugh. "The way I'm looking at is, I may have gone from a team that's in the hunt to a team that's not going to go to the playoffs, but maybe I get an opportunity to show what I can do on the court." -- ∞ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.230.18.96

03/01 20:11, , 1F
03/01 20:11, 1F

03/01 22:57, , 2F
喜歡就回來吧
03/01 22:57, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #15vgjOAq (UTAH-JAZZ)