Re: Fwd: Lousy timekeeping in VirtualBox 4.0.14

看板FB_ports作者時間12年前 (2011/12/20 10:01), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串6/6 (看更多)
On Thu, 15 Dec 2011, Larry Rosenman wrote: > I've set up VirtualBox 4.0.14 on my FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT (r228498) > box, and have a FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT VM running underneath it. > > While the VM is running, it doesn't keep time worth a flip. > > This is even with the VirtualBox-Additions in it. > > 1) is this expected/known? > 2) What can we do to fix it? > > What diagnostics do you need? > > I *CAN* provide ssh access to both the host and the guest. I recall two things that caused problems for me in the past. One was running a VM in a Linux host that caused havoc on the time under load. My only "solution" was to disable PowerNow! in the BIOS. The second was on a WinXP host which was fixed, if I recall correctly, by changing the timecounter (kern.timecounter.hardware). I think I set it to HPET or ACPI-*. I hope one of those helps. Sean -- scf@FreeBSD.org _______________________________________________ freebsd-ports@freebsd.org mailing list http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-ports To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-ports-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"
文章代碼(AID): #1Ex-nV2I (FB_ports)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #1Ex-nV2I (FB_ports)