Re: Ask Jon Frank at PTT

看板MBA作者 (Precision Essay)時間13年前 (2011/07/05 06:08), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串5/5 (看更多)
Yes my friend, that is exactly what I am saying. Once you get in, most schools will give you the time to continue to apply in Round 2. And even if they don’t, the WORST case scenario is that you will put down your deposit. Usually $5K or so, and then if you get into Harvard for example, you would have lost $5K. But it would be worth it my friend! Put down your deposit if you have to, and then shoot for the moon! Go for the gold! You get the idea. Apply after you get in, if there are other schools that you are considering… Hope this helps! Jon Frank Co-Founder Precision Essay http://www.precisionessay.com ※ 引述《cindy0416 (ptt)》之銘言: : Hi Jon, : Thank you for the insight! You are addressing one of my biggest concerns. : But I have another question: : If you get admitted in the safe schools but ding'ed by the stretch ones : in Round 1, and there are a few other good schools in Round2 that you : haven't applied yet, is it ok to wait till the Round2 result is published : before confirming to the safe schools in Round1? Or how to handle this? : (assuming that the Round2 schools are better than the safe schools.) : ※ 引述《jonfrank (Precision Essay)》之銘言: : : ROUND ONE VERSUS ROUND TWO STRATEGY : : Okay gang. Today, I want to shake things up a bit. Keep things interesting, : : if we can. : : Let's talk about savvy Round 1 strategy. : : As we all know, there is a slight advantage associated with applying during : : Round 1. in light of this, many applicants fall into a somewhat common trap: : : they apply to all their favorite schools first. They batch all their top : : programs in Round One. After all, we are more likely to get in! : ) : : This is a bad idea, gang. Why? Well...let's get into it. : : First of all, your first submitted app will NOT be your best. I dont care : : how hard you try, or how much you trust your consultant. You will get better : : as you go, I assure you. : : Secondly, it is just such a risky proposition. Instead, we would prefer that : : you take advantage of Round 1 by applying to some SAFER schools during Round : : 1 as well. That way, you are that much more likely to get in! We like : : options, and we like actions that mitigate our risk. : : That is why we recommend that applicants apply to a good mix of programs : : during Round 1--both stretch programs, and safer ones. Be smart gang, and : : mitigate your risk. : : Hope this makes sense, my friends. And keep in touch. : : Jon Frank : : Co-Founder, Precision -- HBS 2005 http://www.precisionessay.com/ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 221.182.46.46 ※ 編輯: jonfrank 來自: 118.112.23.43 (08/04 18:14)
文章代碼(AID): #1E4ZdaJl (MBA)
文章代碼(AID): #1E4ZdaJl (MBA)